An approximation of my appearance.
A somewhat better approximation.
In years 2014-2018, I was a PhD student at Computer Science Institute of Charles University in Prague. The institute is a part of Faculty of Mathematics and Physics (MFF). My advisor was professor Jiří Sgall and I was also working a lot with his other PhD student Martin Böhm.
- 25. 9. 2018: I successfully defended my thesis, which ended up my studies (after 4 year of PhD, 9 years at Charles University, and 22 years in total!).
- 3. 9. 2018: I have started as a postdoc of Graham Cormode at the University of Warwick.
- 17. 7. 2018: The thesis is finally submitted together with a new paper on bounded-delay packet scheduling containing a φ-competitive algorithm!
- Email: <first name>(dot)<last name> (a strange sign) warwick.ac.uk
Teaching / Výuka
- Approximation and online algorithms, mostly some variants of scheduling and bin packing.
- Techniques for designing approximation algorithms, mainly linear and semidefinite programming.
- Fixed parameter tractable (FPT) algorithms, in particular FPT approximation.
ProjectsSelected work (see also publications below):
- Packet Scheduling, which is the topic of my PhD thesis (papers A φ-Competitive Algorithm for Scheduling Packets with Deadlines, Online Packet Scheduling with Bounded Delay and Lookahead and On Packet Scheduling with Adversarial Jamming and Speedup)
- FPT approximation, breaking both FPT and approximation lower bounds (paper Parameterized Approximation Schemes for Steiner Trees with Small Number of Steiner Vertices)
- Online Coloring (paper Online Chromatic Number is PSPACE-Complete)
- Colored Bin Packing (master thesis, paper)
- Waltz: a strong Tzaar-playing program (bachelor thesis and a paper)
- Marcin Bieńkowski, Wroclaw University, Poland
- Marek Chrobak, University of California, Riverside, USA
- Łukasz Jeż, Wroclaw University, Poland
- Rob van Stee, University of Siegen, Germany