An approximation of my appearance.
A somewhat better approximation.
- Email: <last name> (at) iuuk.mff.cuni.cz
- I'm usually sitting in room S320.
Teaching / Výuka
- Cvičení z Aproximačních a online algoritmů – v úterý od 17:20 v S1 (spolu s Martinem Böhmem)
ZS 17/18 (winter semester 17/18)
- České cvičení z Úvodu do aproximačních a pravděpodobnostních algoritmů – v úterý od 17:20 v S1 v liché týdny semestru (sudé kalendářní).
- English exercise session for Introduction to approximation and randomized algorithms – on Mondays at 15:40 in S7 in even semester weeks (odd calendar weeks), Czech students are also welcome.
- Mainly approximation and online algorithms, mostly some variants of scheduling and bin packing.
- Techniques for designing approximation algorithms, mainly linear and semidefinite programming.
- Fixed parameter tractable (FPT) algorithms, in particular FPT approximation.
ProjectsSelected work (see also publications below):
- Packet Scheduling, which will be the topic of my PhD thesis (papers Online Packet Scheduling with Bounded Delay and Lookahead and On Packet Scheduling with Adversarial Jamming and Speedup)
- FPT approximation, breaking both FPT and approximation lower bounds (paper Parameterized Approximation Schemes for Steiner Trees with Small Number of Steiner Vertices)
- Online Coloring (paper Online Chromatic Number is PSPACE-Complete)
- Colored Bin Packing (master thesis, paper)
- Waltz: a strong Tzaar-playing program (bachelor thesis and a paper)
- Marcin Bieńkowski, Wroclaw University, Poland
- Marek Chrobak, University of California, Riverside, USA
- Łukasz Jeż, Wroclaw University, Poland
- Rob van Stee, University of Siegen, Germany