Welcome to the home page of Vojtěch Kaluža. I am currently a fourth-year Ph.D. student of Computer Science at Department of Applied Mathematics, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic.
My current supervisor is RNDr. Martin Tancer, Ph.D. My former supervisor was prof. RNDr. Jiří Matoušek, DrSc.
My research interests include graphs on surfaces and discrete problems in connection with Lipschitz analysis and geometry of metric spaces.
Current teaching (učení)
Academic year 2017/2018
- Summer semester 2017/2018:
- Michael Dymond, Vojtěch Kaluža, Eva Kopecká: Mapping n grid points onto a square forces an arbitrarily large Lipschitz constant. Geometric and Functional Analysis, Vol. 28, Issue 3, pp 589–644, 2018. Available online.
- Éric Colin de Verdière, Vojtěch Kaluža, Pavel Paták, Zuzana Patáková, Martin Tancer: A Direct Proof of the Strong Hanani-Tutte Theorem on the Projective Plane. Journal of Graph Algorithms and Applications, Vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 939-981, 2017, doi:10.7155/jgaa.00445. Extended abstract appeared at the 24th International Symposium on Graph Drawing (GD 2016).
- Alfredo Hubard, Vojtěch Kaluža, Arnaud de Mesmay, Martin Tancer: Shortest path embeddings of graphs on surfaces. Discrete & Computational Geometry, Vol. 58, Issue 4, pp 921–945, 2017, doi:10.1007/s00454-017-9898-3. Extended abstract appeared at the 32nd International Symposium on Computational Geometry (SoCG 2016).
Preprint on arXiv.
- Vojtěch Kaluža: Density not realizable as the Jacobian determinant of a bilipschitz map. Journal of Applied Analysis, 2016. Preprint on arXiv.
My Ph.D. thesis entitled "Metric and analytic methods" can be found here.
Department of Applied Mathematics
Malostranske namesti 25
118 00 Praha 1
Email: "kaluza" then the at sign followed by "kam mff cuni cz" separated by dots instead of blanks