- Full Professor
- Research interests
- On-line and approximation algorithms, scheduling
- Complexity and combinatorics (including communication complexity, complexity of propositional proof systems, and circuit complexity)
- Employment and long-term visits
- Charles University, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Praha, Czech Republic:
January 2009 – present. Full professor (associate professor till 2012).
- Academy of Sciences, Institute of Mathematics, Praha, Czech Republic:
June 1994 – December 2008. Researcher, since 2003 senior researcher
- University of Chicago, Dept. of Computer Science, Chicago, IL, U.S.A.:
September 2000 – December 2000. Visiting professor.
- TU Eindhoven, Dept. of Computer Science, Eindhoven, The Netherlands:
March 2000 – June 2000. Visiting professor.
- Hebrew University, Inst. of Computer Science, Jerusalem, Israel:
November 1994 – August 1995. Postdoctoral fellow. Golda Meir Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- The prize of the Academy of Sciences CR – 2010
- Otto Wichterle award for young researchers – 2002
- Junior Prize of the Learned Society of the Czech Republic – 2000
- The prize of the Academy of Sciences CR for young researchers – 1997
- Hlávkova cena (The prize of Hlávka foundation) – 1994
Carnegie-Mellon University, School of Computer Science, Pittsburgh,
PA, U.S.A., May 1994
- Ph.D. students
- Martin Böhm – current
- Pavel Veselý – current
- Ondřej Zajíček – current
- Tomáš Ebenlendr – 2011
- Tomáš Tichý – 2008
- René Sitters – co-advisor, 2004, TU Eindhoven
- Petr Kolman – co-advisor, 1998
- Personal WWW page