PRAGUE SUMMER SCHOOL ON DISCRETE MATHEMATICS 2016
Accommodation is provided for participants who received fellowships. Here are the instructions how to reach your accommodation.
Jan Hladky's mobile: (+420)702882615.
- Getting to Metro line A from the Vaclav Havel Airport Outside the terminal building, you can find a bus stop for bus number 119. At the bus stop, you can also find ticket vending machines which now accept also debit/credit cards. Buy a ticket for 32 CZK (children below 6 do not need tickets). That ticket is valid for 90mins, including changes to metro. On the bus (which goes every 10mins or so) you need to stamp the ticket (no need to stamp it when you change to metro later). The bus takes you to Nadrazi Veleslavin, where you change to Metro line A (towards the city centre). We are unable to reimburse taxis unless you arrive at night (in which case you should contact us ahead).
- Accommodation at the Institute of Mathematics The address is Žitná 25, Praha 1 (without accents: Zitna 25). This is within walking distance from stations Mustek and Muzeum on Metro line A (the green line). There is no reception; to get a key please send a text message to Jan Hladky at least 45 minutes prior to your arrival with estimated arrival time. I will be waiting you there. This is dormitory style accommodation; no breakfasts are provided but each room/flat has a small kitchen. There are small grocery stores all around.
- Hotel Andante The address is Ve smečkách 4, Praha 1 (without accents: Ve smeckach 25). The webpages of the hotel are here. You can find instructions of how to get to the hotel on the webpages. (In particular, you should also get off the metro at Mustek or at Muzeum.) The reception is open 24/7.
- Hotel Fortuna City The address is Bečvářova 14, Praha 10 (without accents: Becvarova 14). The webpages of the hotel are here. You can find instructions of how to get to the hotel on the webpages; the most important information is that you should get off the metro at Strasnicka. The reception is open 24/7.
Getting to the institute
- If you are staying at the Institute of Mathematics Then you just walk down to the ground floor of the building, and that is where the talks are.
- If you are staying at Hotel Andante The walk to Zitna 25 takes less than 5mins. There will be a sign on the entrance door of the Institute.
- If you are staying at Hotel Fortuna City Public transport tickets can be bought at the hotel and also at metro station Strasnicka. Walk to metro station Strasnicka (you can take a tram alternatively), from where you go to Mustek. The whole journey takes less than 40mins if you do not get lost.
Participants who have difficulties arranging accommodation themselves should contact the organisers.
Childcare and special needs
Please contact us if you have any inquiries in this direction. It is our
aim to allow participation in the event to everyone interested. Special thanks for to the RSJ Foundation for contributing towards childcare expenses to dual career participants.