Welcome to my humble, imaginary abode!
This is the home page of Martin Böhm, currently enrolled in doctoral studies in Computer Science at Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Prague. My professional interests are approximation and online algorithms, namely scheduling and bin packing.
- MathProg in 60 μs, a lightning quick intro to GNU MathProg and
glpsol. Also available in Czech.
- I like to produce cheat sheets for the courses that I have taken.
- Similarly, I enjoy making handouts from papers which I have read and may have presented on a seminar.
- I had a presentation on the grant competition GAUK 2016. See the slides, links and other material on the site.
- Are you a Bc. student? Interested in a "ročníkový projekt" (Individual Software Project)? Take a look at my suggestions or email me your own.
In the winter semester, I taught:
- Intro to Approximation and Randomized Algorithms (practical session), Tue S8 17:20.
I'm teaching since 2010! See my previous classes.
- Martin Böhm, Jiří Sgall, Rob van Stee, and Pavel Veselý. Online Bin Stretching with Three Bins. Submitted, 2016. ArXiv preprint.
- Martin Böhm, Jiří Sgall, Rob van Stee, and Pavel Veselý. Better Algorithms for Online Bin Stretching. Proceedings of WAOA 2014, LNCS, Springer, 2015. ArXiv preprint.
- Martin Böhm. Lower Bounds for Online Bin Stretching with Several Bins. Student Research Forum Papers and Posters at SOFSEM 2016, CEUR WP Vol-1548, 2016. Conference paper. Won Best Student Poster of SOFSEM 2016.
- Martin Böhm, Jiří Sgall, Rob van Stee, and Pavel Veselý. The Best Two-Phase Algorithm for Bin Stretching. Submitted, 2016. ArXiv preprint.
- Martin Böhm, György Dósa, Leah Epstein, Jiří Sgall, and Pavel Veselý. Colored Bin Packing: Online Algorithms and Lower Bounds. Journal version, 2015. Preprint.
- Martin Böhm, Jiří Sgall, and Pavel Veselý. Online Colored Bin Packing. Proceedings of WAOA 2014, LNCS, Springer, 2015. ArXiv preprint.
- Marcin Bienkowski, Martin Böhm, Jaroslaw Byrka, Marek Chrobak, Christoph Dürr, Lukáš Folwarczný, Łukasz Jeż, Jiří Sgall, Nguyen Kim Thang, and Pavel Veselý. Online Algorithms for Multi-Level Aggregation. Submitted, 2015. ArXiv preprint.